Over abundance of Faulting application errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by MistressRene, Jul 29, 2007.

1. MistressRene

MistressRene Private First Class

This problem is nothing new to xpsp2, but it seems to be coming fast and furious over the past month.
    There are exe's and dll's that have the faulting module errors.
    I have attached a log of all the event id 1000's over the past month 1/2.
    Is there anyway to fix any of these problems or is it something that has be part of our lives with xp?

I do my computer maintenance ever week, I use c-cleaner every few days, and I run Zone Alarm (ZAISS)
    ever day, and I just checked HJT, and I am clean.
    Nothing rogue found.

I will try almost anything to reduce the number of these events.
    TIA

Attached Files:

2. MistressRene

I just downloaded the new HJT. So I have a new log.
    It's clean!

Attached Files:

3. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

EDIT: oops

4. peterparker

peterparker Corporal

If you have your XP CD, try a repair install.

You will have to update your machine if you go this route

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It could save you going this route, if you try, Stsart, run, and type in CHKDSK /R (Note the space after CHKDSK), and then you will be asked to shut down and restart for it to run.
    A second way to check id Windows files have been corrupted, and need to be reinstalled, is to have your XP disc ready, and while in Windows , go to start, run, and type in sfc /scannow (Again note the space after sfc), and insert your XP disc in the drive. A box will come up with a blue line running accrss it as Windows searches, and replaces any files that have been corrupted.It can take up to an hour to complete, and you will need to sit there with your finger over the mouse button, and keep clicking retry, as it pops up, until the box finishes, and dissappears.
    Incidently , running these cleaner programs,and registry checkers that abound too often can cause problems.I only run mine when a problem appears (once, or, twice a month.

6. MistressRene

I spent all day doing online scans, and cleaning up stuff.
    After I re-installed my virus scanner last night, and 1 program, and now I can't shut down my xp.
    It hangs on saving settings :(
    After I finish typing this, it will be my 1st shut down without a restart, since this morning.
    I am keeping my fingers xx'ed!
    If all else fails I will do the sfc /scannow .
    TY!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds