System won't boot after i installed CPUIdle Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by germz, Jul 30, 2007.

1. germz

germz Private E-2

I'm in serious trouble here, i downloaded this program called CPUIDle Pro from majorgeeks and now my system won't boot anymore after i did the restart required by the program after the installation. The strange thing is that the pc seems to be working fine, all the lights are on, the fans are spinning, the fan controller is working but i'm not getting anything on the screen. In fact when i turn on the monitor it goes right to standby without displaying anything. That usually happens adfter i shut down the not when i start it. I did a bit of reading on CPUIdle Pro and i found out that it's not compatible with dual core AMD and causes lock ups, but i found nothing about the issue i'm experiencing. I know i made a mistake by installing it without reading up on the program, and it turns out that i don't need because i already have Cool n' Quiet.

This happened 2 days ago and i'm completely at a loss, I tested the monitor at a different computer and it works fine, so that's not the problem. Furthermore, the keyboard and the mouse don't light up after i turn on the pc. So i'm starting to get pretty desperate and that's why i came here because i downloaded the program from this site, i'm hopuing someone knows something and can help me with this. I don't know for a fact that CPUidle caused this but it is logical to assume that it did because the pc won't restart after i installed it.

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Can you go to Safe mode? If you can, delete the program,and see what hapens.

3. germz

germz Private E-2

Unfortunately, i can't go into safe mode, i can't get into BIOS, nothing happens when i turn on the pc. I just spoke to a friend and he told me that this kind of problem may be solved by clearing CMOS by removing the motherboard battery temporarily and then putting it back in. I will try to do as he says and see what happens.

4. germz

germz Private E-2

An update:

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min as decibed in the mobo manual. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Try getting a new battery.

6. germz

germz Private E-2

Appareantly that wasn't needed and i was able to resolve the issue. Besides the mobo and battery are only 3 months old so that is not the problem After i uninstalled CPUIdle Pro and cleaned the registry everything started working as it should. Thanks to everyone for trying to help me with this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds