Can't delete emails from Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Software' started by Conklin, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Conklin

Conklin Private First Class

My wife's laptop seemed fine until today. Now she is unable to delete eMails, and her deleted items folder does not contain some items she deleted before this problem arose.

I am not any kind of Geek, Major or otherwise confused and I don't know what to do.

Her system uses WinXP; she is using OE v 6.0. She uses Norton anti-virus regularly, and there is no sign I can detect of mal-ware.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

bill

2. abri

abri MajorGeek

Did you try setting it back to an earlier system restore point? If it just started, you should be able to set it back a day or two and it might take care of the problem. You'd have to reinstall any programs you installed, but you wouldn't lose any data. If you've never done that, go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Programs / System Recovery and follow the instructions in the window that opens up. Pick a date that preceeds the symptoms.
    abri

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds