drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by dromano, Jul 31, 2007.

1. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Hi All,
    While looking at a program on M/G front page today i saw http://driveragent.com/?ref=288
    When i did the scan it told me i was missing these driver updates.
    Well they wanted $29.95 to download them so i went to M/G drivers and could not find them. Would someone please give me a hand and let know what is needed? confused
    Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB

Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Intel(R) 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244E

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Otherwise, look at your motherboard support site, to be certain to get anything peculiar to your motherboard.
    If you do not know it- download Everest 220 from
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

This will also give you links to drivers for your system, if you still have difficulty

5. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Thanks Baklogic,
    Will these downloads just update the drivers or do you have to uninstall and install?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    PS. Everest is pretty cool i never used it before. Thanks for the link

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It is usually best to uninstal the driver to the device before installing new, but most will self instal.The drivers are usually in a compressed Zip file that needs to be unzipped. They will unzip files into a folder of your choosing on your hard drive. I tend to make a new folder, and call it drivers, and then download files to that folder, and unzip them in that folder.
    If there are multiple files, look for a file called setup.exe or install.exe and double-click it. If there’s only one file, click that file. That should start the automatic installation process.
    If the downloaded file doesn’t automatically install itself, you’ll have to do the installation manually. On the Properties screen, click the Upgrade Driver button and Windows will launch a wizard that will walk you through the installation process.
    I am sorry, I have to go off-line, but someone else might help, if you need it.

7. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Hi baklogic,
    Sorry i fell off the face of the earth in this thread. After downloading the drivers last week a went to boot up the puter next morning and it would not come on. It turns out the power supply burned up and took the mother board with it. So says the computer care clinic here in town. Thanks for all your help.
    I will be starting a new thread about trying to see if i can retrieve anything from the hard drive. I am going to pick the computer up from them later today.
    I have never attempted to do anything like this before. I sure hope it can be done because i lost everything in the puter:cry:cry:cry

Thanks again,
    Dan

8. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If the repairer fits your old drive with the new motherboard, and can get into Windows without having to format and reinstal- o.k.
    If a new hard drive is fitted, Connect your old hard drive to your computer as a slave to the new drive, or, ask the repairer to do it, and you can read it, and copy your data over to the new drive, if you need to.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds