Sygate Firewall

Discussion in 'Software' started by Siggy, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Siggy

Siggy Private E-2

Hello,
    This is my first post here, I recently downloaded Windows Installer Package
    for the Sygate Firewall, and I think it is to large a load for my computer, Windows XP HE, SP1, and I don't seem to be able to either install or uninstall.
    At this point I want to un-install it.

It is on my desk to and when I try to open it I get a message box;
    The installation pack could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that it is a Valid Windows Installer package.

I D/Led it from MajorGeeks

It is located in my C:\Documents and Settings, . .can I delete this ? or will that not uninstall it ?

Siggy

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Since you're running SP1, you probably need the Windows Installer 3.1 and SP2. These are available from Windows Update. SP1 is really out of date; as is SP2, but SP2 is much better than SP1. Many programs require SP2 to install correctly. After installing SP2, be sure to go back to Windows Update for the additional 70 or so updates, including Windows Installer 3.1

hd2k

3. Siggy

Siggy Private E-2

OK, Thanks,

I am in the weeds, and need to upgrade ram first, in the mean

time I would like to un-install it is there a way ?

Sorry, . .>>>>>
    It is on my desk to and when I try to open it I get a message box;
    The installation pack could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that it is a Valid Windows Installer package.

Who's the Application Vendor ?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I believe that the application vendor is now Symantec. They bought Sygate, and if memory serves correctly they are no longer offering support for the free version of this firewall. But if you can't install it, then there shouldn't be any reason that you can't right click on the file ( which is on your desk top, if I'm reading your post correctly ) and selecting delete file. Hope this helps!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds