Time to download

Discussion in 'Software' started by Banacek, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

Hi is there a way or a program that can schedule a time of day that my XP running computer downloads large files? Say after midnight for instance.

Regards
    Banacek

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

ANY REASON WE'RE YELLING?!?!?!?!? hehe. ;)

GetRight is a download manager capable of doing this. This link is shareware, but there's also a means on their site of getting a "code" to get it for free.

3. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

I'm sorry if my short sightedness offends you!

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

No, doesn't offend me at all! Was just a joke.

However, you might be better served to hit CTRL and + to enlage text. This will enlarge EVERYTHING in your browser, as opposed to ONLY your own text.

Good luck!

5. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

No problem thanks for the tip.

Banacek

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Is there an equivalent for laptops without a separate numeric keypad?
    Ctrl-Shift+ doesn't work.
    I know a lady whose sight is deteriorating and this might help her. As a last resort I will plug in an external desktop keyboard to show her the difference. Bazza

===

7. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Hold the Ctrl Key down and use the scroll wheel on mouse, scroll down to increase text size scroll up to decrease. Or use view menu from toolbar.

8. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Also, you shouldn't need the shift key if you are using the plus sign on the alphanumeric part of the keyboard (ie, NOT the number pad)

9. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks M_M, I've gotta think outside the box. :eek:
    I was trying Ctrl (and the Shift Key) and the = sign (to get the + sign) as I thought Shift and = was necessary to get the + sign. (doh).

Ctrl and = works perfectly on my laptop to increase size. :D :eek:
    That will really help her and no external keyboard needed, saving space on her desk. :major
    For anyone interested, Ctrl and - (minus) reduces the size. ;)

Bazza

PS @plastidust@
    Doesn't work for me, but probably the way I have my wireless mouse programmed.;) Thanks anyhow. Baz

===

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds