Media Center (MCE) doing strange things

Discussion in 'Software' started by chezpier, Aug 1, 2007.

1. chezpier

chezpier Private E-2

Hello,

I bought a comp with Windows Media Center so that I could record tv shows on my comp. I'm running on XP service pack 2.

The program works fine except for sometimes the program will minimize for no reason at all. It did this from the start right out of the box. Now this doesn't annoy me.

What does annoy me now is that I can't seem to adjust the window size. I was always able to do this before but now it opens up automatically in full screen mode which is annoying cause I like to do and use other progs while I watch tv on another part of my screen. I know that on the upper right hand there's a button that looks like 2 interlocking squares that will change it from full screen to window mode but when I click on it, the screen just disappears. It will only reappear when I go to bottom (to the start menu bar?) of my screen and right click MCE and select maximize.

I have no idea why it is doing this. I don't have a internet connection to the computer that is having this prob. I don't know if this is a virus or some kind of glitch. I would like to reinstall MCE but it came as part of the bundle of progs for my comp so I dont have disks. I could totally restore my comp to factory setting but that would be a major pain in the rear.

Anyone have any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds