New Problem - Video Clips

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roystacy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

Okay, now I have yet another thorn in my side. I used Virtualdub to take clips form a video. That worked great! Then I used AnyVideoConverter to change them over to mpeg since the avi clips were at least a gig large!! Ouch!! That worked fine. The clips were lowered to MBs at amuch more manageable rate. Now, I have two Dell laptops with Media Player 9 and 10 loaded, respectively. They can view the clips no problem. But then I take the videos to another computer with Media Player 10 and it pops up cannot read because either corrupt or not supported!! HELP!!! This is the final step in a great big mess and I want it completed!! Did I mention HELP!!? Dumb thing is ALL the computers are Dells but only veiwable on the two laptops!!!

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Maybe you need some codecs? Visit the Multimedia section here at MajorGeeks and grab a codec pack; Codec All-In-One or one of the KLite packs should do it.....

hd2k

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You used full processing mode, not direct stream copy when making the clips. :(

Try selecting direct stream copy to get a small Avi clip from the original video.

Windows Movie Maker (included in XP under Accessories in All Programs) will convert the avi video to WMV format which should work on any Windows computer. Open the video in WMMaker and drag all the clips it creates to the storyboard and then save the file as a WMV. It may also work with the mpeg you already have.

4. Roystacy

Movie Maker only offers me .mswmm as an extension. I drop down and there is no other option.

5. Roystacy

Nevermind!! Works Great!!! Thanks for all your help!! BTW, is there an online class that can teach why and how these video programs work? Maybe I can buy a software like for offline learning. Thanks again.

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Trial and error is the only way I know of figuring out how a program works. You can thank Bill Gates and Windows for leading the way to eliminating documentation with software. I miss the good old days when you used to get a printed manual with your new software that you could read at your leisure to learn little shortcuts and such. Oh well...progress.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds