Is there anyway to get my computer's identity back?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kcoral88, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Kcoral88

Kcoral88 Private E-2

I was trying to clean out my toshiba laptop to give to a friend, and I could not get the reboot disk to work, so I went through and deleted things. While deleting some cookies and programs, I accidentally deleted the identity program on my computer. Now I can only start it in Safe Mode... Is there anyway to get the identity program back?

Thank you for your time,
    Kristin

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I think you'll need to elaborate, no clue what an "identity program" is.

Are you perhaps saying you've deleted a user account? (ie. something out of c:\documents and settings ????)

3. Kcoral88

Kcoral88 Private E-2

Well identity was a program in the Add/delete programs application. i think it was the user login screen that came up... I am not too sure though.

The problem isn't that I deleted my user account, because I can still alter that in safe mode. It was some kind of program on my computer....

I know I am not giving you guys much to work with, but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello kristin, welcome to Major Geeks.

As Mada said, you really do need to give us more information, like the Toshiba laptop model and version of windows.

Toshiba instigated a suite of 'identity programs' on PDAs and recently migrated some to laptops. Password Manager is one such.

If you can access the primary administrator in safe mode, by just hitting enter when asked for tha password, you may be able to regain control of the machine and reset the passwords in the other accounts, or simply delete them as you not longer require them.

Remember to create a new account for your friend to start off with.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds