22" monitor settings, please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by addifan, Aug 2, 2007.

1. addifan

addifan Private E-2

I got a 22" monitor with my new PC and it isn't as clear as I would like it to be. What settings would you recommend? Right now I have it at 1280 x 768 (good or not?) I have no idea what to set anything else at.

2. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

What is the make of the monitor?

LCD monitors have a 'native' resolution, although they will display other resolutions it will interpolate the signal and will lead to a slightly fuzzy display.

Most new monitors will only allow you to select resolutions that they can display, assuming you're using Windows XP, if you go to display settings => Settings and drag the screen resolution slider all the way to the right, that should be the maximum and native resolution of your monitor. If it is out of range for your monitor and the screen goes blank, don't press anything and it will return to your current resolution in 15 seconds.

Hope this helps, let us know if it works.

3. addifan

addifan Private E-2

I have a samsung. I have changed the resolution and I can't find a good one. When I move it all the way too the right, it makes things smaller then I would like.

4. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Unfortunatley you are out of luck then, when items on the screen are very small, that would probably be the native resolution.

Larger, more expensive monitors tend to have higher native resolutions which will reduce the size of items on the screen.

Not sure what else can be done. Sorry :-(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds