Can I Import ICQ contacts into trillian?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Om3n, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Om3n

Om3n Private E-2

as the topic states: Can I Import ICQ contacts into trillian? If so how, I don't wanna do a search and reauthenticate everyone...

2. jawpaul

jawpaul Private E-2

Yes you can!
    Goto File, Add Contact/Group.
    Check the box labeled Import from an old contact list
    Click next and browse to you icq buddy list. click open, then done.

3. Om3n

Om3n Private E-2

and where is that ICQ buddy list located? what's the filename? I did a search for "buddy" but didn't come up with anything that was located in the ICQ directory...

4. flessa

flessa Private First Class

I think my old list was on my C drive that I had to reformat. :( All of my old contacts are gone, I think.

One annoying but trivial thing I have noticed with Trillion is that it logs on automatically to AOL, MSN, and Yahoo but I have to manually tell it to connect to ICQ every time. Oh well, like I said, it is trivial and easily done as long as I think about what I am doing. hmmmm.... maybe I should go into my profile and change some of my info in there...

5. jawpaul

jawpaul Private E-2

ICQ files have either a "IDX", or "CLB" extension so try searching for *.idx & *.clb

It will probably be youricqnumber.idx or youricqnumber.clb

Flessa
    To tell trillian to automaticly connect on startup to an account goto: File, Connection, Connection Manager.
    Then click on your account that you want to automaticly connect to on startup of trillian and click properties/preferences. On the general tab where it list your uin & password there should be a check box marked Automaticly connect to this account on startup. Check it and hit the save settings button. Now close trillian and re-open it to see if it works.
    Note this was done in trillian pto so your steps might be slightly different but much the same.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds