Got the bits now...which MoBo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tokyosexwhale, Aug 3, 2007.

1. tokyosexwhale

tokyosexwhale Private E-2

Hi all :)

I'm putting together a new PC and I've been doing a lot of research on the net and magazines for the best motherboard to compliment my gear.

The PC has to be as quiet as possible because I run my music through my Slimserver (best thing ever!) and the whine of my current PC is an annoyance. (The high pitched whine comes from the small fan on my MSI motherboard and the multiple fans on my Praetorian case.)

So far for my new PC I have bought:

Case: Antec P180
    Pro: Core 2 Duo E6600
    GCard: Inno3D Geforce 8800 320MB DDR3 PCI-E
    Mem: 2GB G.Skill DDR2
    Sound: Audigy 4 (This is from my old set up, I may as well keep it so I don't really need onboard sound)
    Running Vista 32

Which motherboard would you recommend for that set up? Money is no object
    but I don't want to waste money on things I don't really need or would ever use.
    I'm not big on overclocking but would like the option to do so as simply as possible as I have no experience with it.

So far I'm thinking either one of these:

Asus P5K Deluxe
    Asus Striker
    Gigabyte GA-N680SLI
    Nforce 680i SLI
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe WiFi (I won't really use the wifi it just has no onboard fans)

If anyone can recommend which MoBo to go for or recommend a different board entirely that'd be much appreciated:cool

Also I live in Sydney Australia so I'd really like to buy the board here just in case it needs to go back for any reason. So really I'm looking at not getting a board that's to obscure.

Thanks in advance for any help:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds