Faulting Application

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bliss76, Aug 4, 2007.

1. bliss76

bliss76 Private E-2

Hello all I am after a bit of help please.

Not sure if this is software or hardware related so here goes.

I am having this problem were randomly i will get a message displaying and are all listed in the event viewer Application.

Faulting application coj.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module chromeengine3.dll, version 1.0.0.0, fault address 0x00004b30.

Alot of my other programs also randomly do this such as Arma.exe will display the same message,

Hanging application arma.exe, version 1.8.0.5163, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Faulting application update.exe, version 6.10.0.1, faulting module update.exe, version 6.10.0.1, fault address 0x0000ec8b.

And many others, these are just a few examples.

When I look in the event viewer system i see more errors such as:

The At12.job command failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for Start with the following error:
    Access is denied.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 4000+
    nvidea 8800 GTS
    2 gig of ram
    A8N32 sli deluxe motherboard

Please help :):):):):):)

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello Bliss, welcome to Major Geeks.

Is it only games you get problems with or any other software.

Does the system try to send a message to microsoft?
    If so click the details button and save the details to a text file.
    Post that file here.

Some games have problems with some Nvidia cards. have you tried updating lately?
    Do you have an earlier Nvidia driver to roll back to?

What version of Direct X have you?

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Remove the the any No CD cracks you have installed for your games and they should run fine,if you dont have the original games we cant help:)

4. bliss76

bliss76 Private E-2

hello m8

its only games i really use my computer for . The next time an error comes up i will print file here. I have tried both old and new nvidea drivers and both had same problem. I get an error message saying applicetion has caused an error and will have to close.

I am using windows XP Pro with SP2. I have monitored temperatures and none seem to be the problem. I also had this problem prior to nvidea card and new motherboard when i had a ATI X800 GTO card and a different motherboard, same things would happen.

Just about a complete new system has been installed. Only thing i havent changed is the RAM and XP package.

Have done a complete reinstall and format of hard drives.

Also i have direct x 9.0c

5. bliss76

bliss76 Private E-2

Also i have original games no cracks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds