Sound on computer doesn't work right..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dr. Nuclear Core, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Dr. Nuclear Core

Dr. Nuclear Core Private E-2

Unlike most threads related to sound issues, mine is unique in that it does actually work, but not right. You see in dvd's exclusively (for some reason) plays the music louder than the person talking. So it's impossible to hear the charactor or person or whatever when they are talking. All I hear is the music. I hear things I've never heard before without it so much louder than the talking, but I want it to be regulated like it was. I have no idea what caused this issue, as it was working just fine a few years ago. This computer is 2 years old, btw.

2. Cobra

Cobra Private First Class

It sounds to me like this is almost certainly a speaker setting. DVDs have 5.1 channel audio and people talking is usually encoded to the center channel, but most computer users don't have a center speaker. Try adjusting the speaker settings in the program to the number of speakers you have. (Ex: 2.1 for 2 speakers, 4.1 for 4 speakers, etc...)

3. Dr. Nuclear Core

Dr. Nuclear Core Private E-2

What program? You mean the main windows sound and audio settings or the actual program that plays the dvd itself? All of them do this, windows media player, gom media player, real player, quicktime and winamp all do this on my system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds