PC does not detects HP Laser Jet 1300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by usman88, Aug 5, 2007.

1. usman88

usman88 Private E-2

After my earlier windows got corrupted I recently re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Professional edition SP2 on my PC(P4 2.4 GHZ & Intel D845GVSR Mobo). I installed all other drivers(vga, sound, chipset etc) and necessary softwares etc. and encountered no problems whatsoever but when I plugged the USB cable of my HP LaserJet 1300 in my PC, my windows did not detected the printer. I also tried plugging the cable in the rest of the 3 USB ports of my PC but no luck. I also tried restarting the PC and restaring the PC but still the printer could not be detected.

Therefore I downloaded 'HP LaserJet 1300 PCL 6' drivers from HP website(file size was 2.4 mb). I installed the printer using 'Add printer and faxes' in the Control Panel using the 'Have Disk' feature using the drivers which I downloaded. Now in 'printers' section I can see HP Laser Jet 1300 installed but no test page can be printed and neither can I print any document. I also tried restaring PC and printer again but no luck. the printer was working fine before I installed the copy of winXP so it suggests no problems in the cable or printer etc

What the solution? Please help me because I need to print some documents urgently
    Thanks

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Do you have any other USB devices, like a flash drive or mouse? I'm thinking you could use 'em to test your USB ports to see if they're working properly. Maybe try a different USB printer cable? If you have access to a 2nd PC, try the printer on it and see if it works (maybe have a friend bring their laptop over so you don't have to lug the printer around with you). Maybe check Windows Updates under the optional hardware updates for USB drivers, or check with Intel for new chipset or USB drivers....

hd2k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds