German Showing in Status Line?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ricwag, Feb 22, 2003.

1. ricwag

ricwag Private E-2

My Specs:

Windows 2K
    AMD K6-350
    256 MD (SDRAM)
    Western Dig. 10G HD
    ATAPI 52X CDROM
    Asus P5A (2 ISA, 5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM) MB
    3Com EtherLink 10/100 PCI For Complete PC Management NIC

Some time ago I installed some freeware that was done in Germany. Most of the text was in English but some was still in German. Ever since, the status line and other messages in some applications show German text rather than English.

I'm not certain but I believe that the freeware was "Swarm" v1.5 from Monkeyware at http://members.rogers.com/monkeyware. This is a Bug Tracking tool.

When I use MS Paint, for instance, when I do a "save as," the "save as" title bar is "Speichern unter" rather than "Save as." This crops up in a few other applications as well.

It was no big deal to me. I thought that it was a hoot, actually.

Now, as a Tech. Writer, I'm trying to document a new program and it is showing some of the German text. I can't possibly include this German text in my screen shots for the documentation.

To be honest, I haven't tried uninstalling Swarm or writing that company. I suppose I should have before posting here. I'll go ahead and do that and report back.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

have you tried going from english to german, then back to english in regional settings?

3. ricwag

ricwag Private E-2

No, but that sounds like a good idea. I'll try it when I get back to work.

When I looked at "Swarm," it turns out that it is a stand-alone application and not installed and entered into the Registry so I don't think it's the culprit. I have no idea what the program was and I'm sure it's gone now.

My Registry is clean. Some file that controls this must have been altered. As you suggest, maybe changing back and forth will correct that.

But...:D ...I'm getting a new computer in a couple of days!! The 350 MHz with no L2 cache just doesn't get it when trying to run Word, Photoshop, and Visio all at once.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds