Need to resize my C drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RAF_Loke, Aug 7, 2007.

1. RAF_Loke

RAF_Loke Private E-2

Hi

I need more space on my C drive which currently is only on 10GB. The harddrive is partitioned into 2, and I still have plenty space free on my secondary partition. So what I want is to enlarge C on the cost of E, without any lost of data.

How is this best done?

Cheers

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Nothing can guarantee data loss, so you should get another drive or at least a USB thumb drive and backup all your data and while you are at it, you might be better of doing a re-partition/re-format...but to get you started with what you wanted Partition Resizer 1.3.4 or Gparted can do the job or scan through for other available (free) partition resize utilities in the MG download > Drive Utilities section.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds