USB hub locks up computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by weberdee, Aug 7, 2007.

1. weberdee

weberdee Private E-2

My akasa mem card reader and usb hub has worked well for a while. But now the computer locks up when I try to read a card in it.

I recently purchased a Digius 4 port usb hub to replace the akasa. However when I attach my gps the computer locks ( remove the gps and the computer is ok ), plugging in my camera and shuffle the units show up as drives but no files are displayed.

Any suggestions for how I get my usb hub or mem card reader to work?

Cheers
    Peter

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Dude, I really am not a fan of USB Hubs and heard many people encountering similar problems quite often so I probably won't be able to get everything working using the Hub assuming it is the culprit but can you bypass the USB Hub and connect your non-working USB device directly to the PC to see if it worked or not? That way you can confirm if the hub was guilty or not...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds