Just will not boot- Help plz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Luckyjfl, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

Hi guys, I really hope some one can help me here. I have been building a pc and am having a slight problem. It just will not boot the hard drive. I tried changing the PSU, the CPU, the Motherboard, The Hard drive, cleaning the memory, changing the Ide cables. And still it will not boot or even try to boot the hard drive. Please give me your best . Thanks .

This is the specs I have been using.

Winfast 754 MB
    AMD xp 3000 – 2.0 MHZ Processor tried different processor
    200 Gig HD- tried different ones
    FX 6200 Nvidia Graphics card
    1 Gig of Crucial RAM

2. RAYENK

RAYENK Private E-2

[​IMG]

help me

3. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

Hi Rayenk, I cannot get to the screen you showed as this pc I am doing will not allow me to even boot the Hard drive to the bios. Cheers

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Rayenk... you'd be better off starting your own thread. You'll get faster and more accurate answers.

Luckyjfl... can you enter the PC's BIOS by pressing either F1 or F2 or Del upon booting? If so, is the hard drive listed in the IDE device list with the CD/DVD drives? If it isn't, the drive may have failed or isn't jumpered correctly or hooked up correctly. If you can't even get into the BIOS, try disconnecting the hard drive completely from the PC- both the data and power cables. If you can get into the BIOS with the hard drive disconnected, then the hard drive is almost definitely bad.... can you boot to the floppy drive or the CD drive???

hd2k

5. Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl Private E-2

At the moment I have not been able to boot to the floppy or cd drive. But I will try your suggestion of dismantling the hard drive and cables.
    Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds