hosting games on wireless routers is this possible??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by malcomxtra, Aug 8, 2007.

1. malcomxtra

malcomxtra Private E-2

Was thinking of picking up a wireless router, so many different ones to choose from G, G+, G+ MINO, N1. Manufacturers belkin, d-link, net gear and they arrange in many different prices £30 - £120.

I basically leave in a three bedroom house with upstairs and downstairs I don't think the walls are that thick and the only thing that might cause interference with the router is my wireless home alarm system.

Anyway I just wondered if anyone could recommend me a good wireless router, I regular play warcraft 3 frozen throne and counter strike source. I was just wondering any good wireless routers that will allow me to host the game wireless upstairs on my rock pegasus 665 T72 with maybe 12 - 22 people joining. Is this possible or will the game lag or suffer from frequent disconnections

My current budget is £50 but I don't mind stretching to £75 if you believe there is good reason to do so, I look forward to your comments.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

you could host on wireless, but its a bad idea as interface can happen pretty easy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds