iPod Help please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Amjad, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

Hi!

I have this iPod Van Leon 60 GBs, and I was charging it as usual when it made a few beeps then a message appeared on the screen (which I couldn't read because it disappeared very quickly)
    Now there's only one monochrome icon on the screen which indicates a battery with an exclamation mark on the corner of the battery.

I tried resetting it, after the logo appears, I get the same result.
    I tried the troubleshooting guides in the manual, looked for tutorials on the Internet, but I can't find the exact icon to find a description.

Is the battery damaged?
    By the way, it's heavily used I think. I didn't get it as new and I don't know anything about its battery.

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

sounds like the battery is damaged or dead (will no longer hold a charge) which is common in iPods after a few years of use. Take it to an apple certified repair store for a new battery if there is any warranty still on it (or if you care about the warranty.)

Otherwise, you can probably get a battery on the internet for cheapr and swap it out yourself, but be sure to find detailed instructions on how to take the iPod apart so you dont mess anything up accidentally!

3. Laura123

Laura123 Private E-2

I used ipodjuice.com when my iPod Battery</a> clunked out and it works awesome. they have tools and instructions and even videos that made the whole thing a snap. much cheaper than the apple option as well!

-Laura 00-)

4. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

Thanks mate! :)
    Guess what happened after a couple of hours! I connected the iPod to my USB 1.1 port (although it needs USB 2.0 but the problem occurred when it was connected to that port, so I suspected the port was having a problem) and I left there for 30 minutes, then the icon I told you about was replaced by another icon (but this second icon is well known and documented in the manual), it means that there is nothing left in the battery (not even enough to start the iPod), after extra 60 minutes, the iPod started successfully! :D:cool

So, my question is: Can I expect the battery to be dead after a couple of weeks?

5. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

Thank you very much Laura123 :)
    Awesome website, I'll spend some time on it reading the instructions and faqs.
    I really appreciate it.

Thank you again, my friend.

6. Laura123

Laura123 Private E-2

You're welcome! They are awesome, you won't be sorry you checked them out. :)

7. noahjose

noahjose Private E-2

Sir, would you be interested in the extended service plan for your iPhone toolkit? We will repair or replace it with a new one for three years for only an additional $29.95.

http://www.dvdtoiphoneconverter.org/

8. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

My neice poped a motherboard USB with a iPod. If you havn't already I'd get a powered hub between it and your computer, pronto.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds