Get rid of WinME?

Discussion in 'Software' started by GrreatRon, Feb 23, 2003.

1. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

I have WinMe and am really getting tired of the freezing up. I am thinking of upgrading to Win2000Pro. I have some real reservations about WinXP. Any suggestions?

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

upgrade do anything to get away from ME.

one suggestion what are your Specs? if you have less than 128MB of ram or so win2k runs a bit slowly for my experience

3. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Why hesitant of XP???

Just Curious?

Curtis

4. Max Powerz

Max Powerz Sergeant

Yea, XP is like a simpler Win2000 with bug fixes... and it looks nicer. And.... Can you even still buy 2000?

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

you definatley can. You get it with dell computers for work. XP is a bit over user friendly, it likes to do things for you. like everything. its a bit like an over helpful waitress. THats my opinion anyway. i like win2000 its much better to drive for me:D maybe thats just me. gunna get a seperate partition with win2k on it, i like it that much :D

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Since your using ME, give XP Pro a try. Its awesome. Best OS to date. Though, it does have some areas that it dumbs down for the home user, thats to be expected. I dont think its as bad as ME attempted though. XP is what ME was supposed to be.

You can easily tweak XP to look and run however you like. Having used ME prior, I REALLY think you will appreciate the step up.

Only bit of advice is to buy it with Service Pack 1 already included.
    If you dont have anywhere to look for it yet, please visit the Geek Store here:

http://majorgeeks.pricegrabber.com/home_catpage.php/catzero=35/ut=4218384dabc203d5

7. jxrry59

jxrry59 Private E-2

get rid of me asap. I replaced me with 2000 pro and have absolutely no reason to even think about xp. For the last month i have not had a freeze up and they were daily with me.

8. Thunder

Thunder Private E-2

Why XP Pro and not XP Home?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds