help me build pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by infoseeker, Aug 10, 2007.

1. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

its my first time (virgin) to build a pc (for my friend)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

motherboard- P5VD2-MX SE

my question is:
    * is the connection of combo rom to motherboard is ok?
    * sata cable from HD to mthrbrd?
    * usb wire from front usb port to motherbrd?

thanks in advance

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Everything looks good, except you should use an 80pin cable (instead of the 40pin cable you now have) on the DVD drive. Most newer optical drives seem to work better on the 80pin cables. As for the USB; I can't tell in the photos, but it goes like this: pins 1, 3, 5, 7=red, white, green, black=pins 2, 4, 6, 8 In other words, the wires go on in the same order on the odd numbered pins and the even numbered pins... that's it! :D

hd2k

3. infoseeker

thanks so far now all is doing fine only the audio.
    i installed the audio driver but still no sound.
    i searched google, found out it must be enable in BIOS
    i surf the BIOS, i only found and changes there is:
    Floopy= able to disable
    PlugNplay= no to yes

where can i find it?

thanks in advance

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

In the BIOS, the on board audio driver would be under "Integrated Devices" or it might be called "On Chip Devices". I think that by default it's enabled or set to Auto. If the audio is listed in the device manager, then it's enabled in the BIOS. If it has a red 'X' or a yellow '!' or a yellow '?' that means the device has been disabled, or the driver is not installed correctly, or the driver is not installed at all. So, look under "Sound, video, and game controllers" in your device manager, and post what is listed, and we'll go from there....

hd2k

5. infoseeker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so i think its enable in BIOS cause in windows audio service is running
    so what do you think? what i must do now?

thanks in advance

6. infoseeker

7. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

did you hook up front panel audio? if NOT then is there a jumper on the audio block anywhere? Some motherboards require a jumper on 2 pins on the audio block if front panel audio is not hooked. Look at motherboard manual to see if its listed . Hope it helps

8. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

ibbonkers has a good point. If the front audio ports aren't hooked up and the jumpers aren't correctly connected on the header, you won't have any sound, but the device should still show up in the device manager with a question mark or exclamation point. Did you look in the device manager? All your screen shots are from the Sounds or Audio Devices in the control panel. Open the device manager and look for anything with a '?' or a '!'. It may say 'Unknown Device'.
    Anyway, here's a link to the sound driver. Download, unzip, and install it.
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5VD2-MX SE&type=map&mapindex=2
    Good Luck!

hd2k

9. infoseeker

ibbonkers thanks for that reminder, actually its not connected the front panel but as hd2k said it must not be no audio devices (correct me if im wrong)
    so heres what i got
    [​IMG]

i noticed the PCI is the one with yellow ! (im sorry i forgot to show this in the image) but as far as i know its not really matter for the audio... or something i must know?

please let me know...

BTW thanks for the link, i will uninstall the old one then i will install this new one... ill let you know

10. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

The above image shows me that no sound drivers are installed and that the sound device is possibly turned off in the BIOS. Try the link I posted above to download the sound drivers and install 'em. If it errors out, the sound is probably turned off in the BIOS. If it installed, then you should have sound.

hd2k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds