Black laptop screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shotgun_Shortz, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Shotgun_Shortz

Shotgun_Shortz Corporal

Well, whenever I turn my laptop on. The screen remains black. If I really get close to the screen I can see the desktop of my laptop ON the screen, the backlight on the LCD screen just won't turn on. All I did was try to connect to my home network and it turned black.

I know the computer is working and that it is the light because I can use the VGA port on my monitor to plug into the laptop and I can see it perfectly. Which is what I am on right now. Any ideas?

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

What make and model is the laptop?
    Can you enter BIOS? If yes, can you boot the system in Safe mode?

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

The most likely explanation is hardware failure of the screen light or power supply. Sometimes this occurs on account of a loose internal connection, which is about the only thing you are likely to be able to fix yourself. Changing the light or hunting a failed voltage convertor is an expert job and requires a source of the correct parts.

I would guess that the network connection (ethernet?) was a coincidence unless you bumped the laptop in some way.

4. XONi49

XONi49 Private E-2

its your lcd inverter depending on your modle its about 30-50 bucks if you want to replace it your self

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds