Keyboard/mouse lag/halting in games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Courage68, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Courage68

Courage68 Private E-2

1st i would like to say ignore any typo's im trying to get this done in less the 5 mins , im late for work :D

ok so here we go !

computer spec's --

amd 64 3400+
    ati x850xt
    2gb ram
    200gb hd
    logitech keyboard G15
    and Logitech wireless mouse "donno model #"

Problem - during game play in lets say cs source my mouse / keyboard just stop working for 1-4 seconds and what ever the last command i press'd. I.E "w" i would continue to keep going foward with out even hitting "w" and any other keytrokes or mouse movements will not register ,

tests ive ran :

ive tryed all the usual prblem's like setting the mouse to 500khz , turing off all keyboard delays , stickey keys in windows.

1 : during those 1-4 seconds i would spam the cap's lock button and the led for caps lock wouldnt even register .. could the USB ports be halting??

2 : i tryed unplugging my usb mouse recever and only using the keyboard in game , problem still consists' i even change the batterys !

3 : pluged in a older PS2 keyboard , with usb key/mouse unplugged , same problem

4 : updated gfx , usb , motherboard drivers , keyboard / mouse prblem still consists

5 : closed a bunch of start up programs , -- problem still consists.

fixing the prblem ; should i

A : reformat and install winxp again

OR

B : say **** it and finaly upgrade my computer becouse its almost 2 years old

thank you for ur time and hopfully find this prblem

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Here is a simple thing you can try to see if it a fresh install would do the trick or ... :
    Start > Run > msconfig > OK > BOOT.INI page > check /SAFEBOOT > OK.
    This will force the system to boot in Safe Mode next time around until you go back in here again and uncheck the same option and click OK.

Anyhow, see if the problem remains after booting in Safe Mode or not. If it does, I'd also suggest trying /NOGUIBOOT on BOOT.INI page to see if Command Line experiences the same problem or not but if the Safe Mode experiences the same problem, more than likely so will the Command Line mode.

If Safe Mode appears OK, then I would first try a repair-install before a fresh install.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds