blue screen and ram?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ej1245, Aug 11, 2007.

1. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

Hi, I'm usually pretty good at troubleshooting pc probs, but this one I need some input on. My daughter's new Compaq Presario V6000 pulls the blue screen every now and then, ofcourse its so fast you can hardly read it, I think one time I saw the word memory. It only has 512 mb of ram, and I'm suspicious that could be the prob. but they really don't do much more than play online poker and surf. They sent it in for repairs, I removed the hard drive as they recommended. Got it back and all they did was update the bios. they said it worked fine. It blue screened again last night. I ran chkdisk, registry cleanup, scanned for viruses, checked startup prgms (theres 42) checked for problem drivers. Any ideas? Should I maybe try setting the page file setting to manual size?

2. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

right click on 'My Computer' and click 'Properties' click the 'Advanced' tab, click 'Settings' under 'Startup and Recovery', uncheck the box next to 'Automatically restart'

now you will be able to read the blue screens.... if you aren't sure what the blue screen means fallow adrenalyns guide stickied at the top of the software forum, and then some people on here many be able to help you out

3. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

thanks! I'll try that!

4. mmodesto

mmodesto Private E-2

hello everybody I need help. my computer just crash blue death screen with 0x000000b4 ( 0x82ad6df8 0x82a35000 ox82a34000 0x00050000 appears no safe mode not cdrom nothing. dont allow me to do anything..can you help me?..thank you so much.. windows xp pro

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

6. mmodesto

mmodesto Private E-2

thank you..do you know what's the DOS command to install this disk? THE BLUE DEATH SCREEN WITH THIS: VIDEO DRIVE FAILED TO INITIALIZE

7. gregdil

gregdil Private E-2

hello,
    i have same problem with HP Pavilion dv4000;
    just ran memtest86+ and memory passed...
    was there any resolution?
    thanks,
    greg

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds