Ah, help! Video card going crazy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sh1ver, Aug 11, 2007.

1. sh1ver

sh1ver Private E-2

I had the same problem of my video card occasionally crashing when I first got my computer a couple years back (it's a Radeon 9800 Pro). It went away, but last night I went to a LAN party, and now it's back! It happens almost all of the time in games, and just most of the time in windows. I updated all the drivers, cleaned it out real well, gave it its own cooling unit, and put it in a friend's computer and it did the same thing in his. Does anyone know what could be wrong??
    Picture of it going nuts:
    http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/quinkthicker/?action=view&current=werd1.jpg
    Any help you would give would be VERY much appreciated, as of now the whole computers basically unusable =/
    ~Charlie

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

Bummer, this is exactly what happened to mine except this is a bit less severe. I killed mine because i overclocked it a LOT for a long time even though it was stable. Did you OC yours at all? it looks like the card is just crapping out, is it still under any sort of warranty?

3. sh1ver

sh1ver Private E-2

Crapp... that sucks, it just being dead is what I was afraid of. I did overclock it a little bit (not very much), but the problems were there long before I overclocked it. The warranty is out... guess it's time to get a new video card. Thanks for the help, even though it was an answer I dreaded to hear =x
    ~Chuck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds