Windows XP: access problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by ROTC_PaiN, Feb 23, 2003.

1. ROTC_PaiN

ROTC_PaiN Private E-2

My OS (windows XP) crashed and so i reinstalled windows XP into a new folder so i could recover my documents for school. Now i cant open my document and settings folder. It says:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Lewis is not accessible.

Access is denied."

Then all i can do is click ok.

If there any way to get around this. I need my documents for school.

thanks,
    ROTC_PaiN

2. jxrry59

jxrry59 Private E-2

this happened to me a long time ago and I don't remember exactly what i did but if you want to try this while you are waiting for a real answer....
    check folder options and either the folder is locked or go into the users account and sign in as administrator and that will give you the access. It appears you may have a new user setting with the reinstall but that is only what i think, not what I know-hope it helps

3. ROTC_PaiN

ROTC_PaiN Private E-2

No that didnt work. Is there anyone else out there that can help me??

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

right click on the folder..choose security , then advanced, then click on the owner tab and check the box that says "replace owner on subcontainers and objects".. select a user from the list (your account) and apply. You must be admin to do this.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

bump.. i'll have to think about this one a bit..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds