Trouble updating drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doug5379, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Doug5379

Doug5379 Private E-2

So, i get the driver downloads and install them but when i restart i still have the same version i had before the restart. Any suggestions?

Nvidia Geforce2 mx/mx 400

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Did you uninstall the old graphics driver first?
    Later versions will do it for you, but , otherwise, you have to right click My Computer, click manage, click Device manager, click on Display adaptors, double click your graphics card to show properties, click driver, click unistall.
    Then install your new driver. Shut down and restart.

3. Doug5379

Doug5379 Private E-2

will i still be able to use my computer without a graphics card?

is it worth trying to fix that or should i just buy a new better one because i do a lot of gaming and it seems to handle most of them pretty well but i think i could probably do better

How do i tell if my computer has a PCI-express interface?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

If you want to play some of the latest games,I'll say yes you do need a new card because a geforce 2 mx will now handle them.

5. Doug5379

Doug5379 Private E-2

ehh well my motherboard is crap so im just going to buy a new computer thanks for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds