Sound Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WAVS, Aug 14, 2007.

1. WAVS

WAVS Private E-2

Um... Hi. I'm Key. (I'm also IQ deficient when it comes to computers, so please bear with me. :eek: )

I'm having a problem with my sound. For some reason, everything on my computer, music especially, sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks on crack. Everything literally plays at double speed, and the pitch is bordering on ridiculous. This just happened recently, and I didn't change any settings or anything to make it happen. I also tried three different sound cards, and none of them produced different results. This may well be something very easy to fix, and I'm probably just stupid, but in any event, I've exhausted all my knowledge about computers. So if anyone has any idea what I should do to fix this, that would be wonderful. I've been without proper music for a week, and Alvin is no longer amusing.

Thanks,
    -Key

2. dimlight

dimlight Private E-2

If you've tried three different soundcards, then its probably not hardware related.
    If your default player is Windows Media Player, that could be the source. If so, try going to view->enhancements->show enhancements, then from the menu that appears in your now playing tab, flip the enhancement arrow until you find play speed settings. From there you can move the slider back to 1.0 which is the original speed.

For whatever media player you are using, right click to select a music file and open it with another media player. If the play speed and pitch are fine, then it is likely that some setting in the player you are using.

If it doesn't work, at least we can rule out media player settings as the culprit.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds