CD-RW drive not reading CD-RW disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by augiedoggie, Aug 15, 2007.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

It's an LG 32x10x40 re-writable and seems to work fine as I installed XP with it. I'm trying to load drivers so I made a disk with Everest on it to see what gfx card I have using Nero Burning ROM. The installer works fine on my new rig but the LG doesn't see the file. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Does it read other CDs ok?

3. augiedoggie

XP installed fine with it and other CDs were read properly.

4. augiedoggie

I found the problem, there's a broken pin just above the intentional missing pin. Weird that XP and other disks were read properly, I guess that pin is needed for CD-RW. I'm getting there slowly but surely. Thanks.:)

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

have you also installed the LG packet writing software?
    My LG has B's clip.

Nero is from ahead, and not for writing RW disks. The Ahead software for this is InCD. Sometimes this has issues with the LG software.

If you did write with Nero to a CDRW then you must finalise it for other drives to read it, as it will be to a CDR standard.

Scratch all the above!

6. augiedoggie

Thanks anyways studiot. I learned something new from you so that's all good. Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds