How Can I Overclock AMD Sempron....?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 7mm, Aug 16, 2007.

1. 7mm

7mm Private E-2

Hi There, Here's My PC Specs.......

AMD Sempron 2500+ (1400 MHz) Socket 754
    MSI RS480M With ATi 480 Chipset
    ATi Radeon X200 IGP
    512 DDR (256 x 2 Operates @ 333MHz)

Oveclocking Is Not Possible Through BIOS As Multiplier & FSB Are Locked, Not Sure B'coz of Sempron OR Else. Is There Any Way I Can OverClock My PC...., Please Help!

2. alejobar

alejobar Private E-2

Hi there, first thing everybody will tell you read the guide, then try what I did, download Clockgen, and start testing which setting your pc its confortable with, after you found your settings download CPUZ and write down all your settings in MHZ, then go to your bios and apply the same changes directly to your mobo, usually you'll have to change everything in MHZ. I hope this helps you because that's what I did and went from 2.4 GHZ to 2.8 GHZ with my AMD 64 Athlon 3800

And I forgto look at your temps!!!! you don't want to fry anything!!! use google to find the max temp for your CPU and also to see what speed your CPU is capable.

3. 7mm

7mm Private E-2

Thanx Buddy, But I Forgot To Mention'd Here That My Board Doesn't Support Any Change In Mhz Apart From The Memory Settings, & I Don't Think That's The Way To OC The CPU. Thanx For The Rest of The Info.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds