Question about an old MIDI keyboard.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yeeha, Aug 17, 2007.

1. yeeha

yeeha Private First Class

I have an ancient MIDI keyboard, a Casio CT-670. It has MIDI -in, -out, and -through via the old fashioned fat serial cables that you'd see on Commodore 64's, etc.

I think all I need to use this device with modern software is an external MIDI controller (basically a little box with an input and output) and some software which is probably available for free. Is this accurate?

I realize this is kind of out in left field as far as MAJORGEEKS goes, but I am getting into music composition and would like to use this device if I can instead of buying a newer keyboard.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

You used to be able to get cables that were midi to Sound Blaster. I sthat the sort of thing you were thinking of?

3. yeeha

yeeha Private First Class

Hi, thanks for the response. I was a little unclear as to what I was looking for. It's actually called a "MIDI Interface" and they are readily available in a USB form for about $40. A call to a music store cleared up my questions... sorry to spam this forum but the geek forums are always the first place I turn for any question that's even remotely tech-related. Anyway thanks for the response, and never mind!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds