-Connection speed reduced since reboot-

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crixilus, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Crixilus

Crixilus Private E-2

Well, yesterday morning I had rebooted my computer because the desktop had crashed with blue screen. I redownloaded everything I had lost and now my internet connection inside and outside gaming has beed reduced dramatically. My ping is little over 120 when pre-reboot it was normally 46-50. I called my ISP and they had said there was no trouble with the lines as of late. I had tried running my cable modem straight through to my computer without the router and it will not connect to the internet at all. I am running my Cable modem over a router and here are some specifications:
    Router Type: Linksys Wireless-G/54Mbps 2.4 GHz/WRT54G Model/4 port switch.
    Internet Type:Arris Cable box/Cable
    Video Card: Nvidia 7800GS
    It would be nice to have a reply within the next few days.
    I also use this computer for business and work management.
    Take care and good luck.

2. Crixilus

Crixilus Private E-2

I'd figured out that it is not my internet causing lag to the game. It's got something to do with my video. My ping has gone down tremendously. There's still the fact that My video is still running laggy in games and I'm not able to play the same as I was pre-reboot. I need some help. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds