D-link Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brian W, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Brian W

Brian W Private E-2

I have an older router that keeps booting us of the internet for a few secs every time we use utorrent. is there a way to resolve this annoying issue other than getting rid of utorrent? The d-link is airplus xtreme g DI-624
    It's about 3 or 4 yrs old. Should I just buy a newer one or can I fix the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanx

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Check with DLink for a firmware upgrade. Then visit www.portforward.com and find the info for your particular model of router and get it configured correctly for uTorrent. I had all sorts of problems with uTorrent until my router was configured using info from portforward. It made a HUGE difference in speed and overall stability. Also, in uTorrent, click Options > SpeedGuide and test to see what your speed is and if the port is forwarded correctly. Also go to Help > uTorrent Web Page and read the FAQ's and just poke around. There's lots of good info there. Chances are the router is OK and just needs new firmware and some custom configuring.....

hd2k

3. Brian W

Brian W Private E-2

The only prob I have left is findin my static IP no idea how to find it.My D-link is as up to date as it's gonna get man I think I'll wait till the $$ flow says get a new one and dump this old P.O.S. In the mean time where the heck is my static IP????????????

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds