No file and printer sharing, but internet works

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by h0neym0nster, Aug 12, 2007.

1. h0neym0nster

h0neym0nster Private E-2

I appear to have a similar problem. This network has never been setup before. I have a desktop that I have named Craigspc, and a laptop named Panasonic. I ran the network setup wizard on Craigspc and gave the workgroup the name homenet. Then rebooted. I did exactly the same thing on the Panasonic. When I 'View workbook computers' both machines show up on the network. Craigspc can browse the Panasonic and move files etc, but the Panasonic cannot browse Craigspc. Every time I try I get the error message:

I have turned off the firewall on both machines. The 'My Documents' folder on both machines is set to share on the network and allow other users to change files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds