Question: This Messenger Service thing keeps poping up and i dont know what it is.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anthology08, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Anthology08

Anthology08 Private E-2

This Window keeps poping up on my laptop and i am not sure what it is, other than the information it gives me. I was wondering what you guys thought of it? thanks for any help!

2. Anthology08

Anthology08 Private E-2

Sorry about that here is the message.

3. Anthology08

Anthology08 Private E-2

Okay this time it should work. lol

Attached Files:

4. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

start -> control pannel -> administrative options -> Services -> local services -> Mesenger server...Disable it.. They go bye bye if you want an explanation of what they do just ask

5. Anthology08

Anthology08 Private E-2

Alright, Iamien thanks for the help.

6. Draith

Draith Private E-2

hey,

sounds like someone on your network may have spyware on their computer. (one possibility). At least with winXP, you can send messages to other people on your immediate network through the message service by writing a simple batch file and running it.

The spyware could then be using its host machine to send out these messages to other users, you being one of them.

...unless you're not on a local network...

then again, it might somehow be spyware on your own system that's sending this message to you periodically when checking your settings.

o Draith

7. Anthology08

Anthology08 Private E-2

Yeah that sounds like that is a huge possibilty seeing how I only get this pop up when I am on the school server... And there is more than 300 laptops on server and that is not including all the desktops in the classes and computer rooms. thanks for your help:)

8. Iceburg

Iceburg Private First Class

The services fix that he offered will fix it no matter if it is spyware, or if it is someone on the network.

-Iceburg

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds