Mcafee Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Van, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Van

Van Private E-2

Hello group - I'm a new user and am searching for an answer to a problem with a pop up from Mcafee. The problem started when I migrated to XP from Win 2000. I was advised that my program was expired (Virus) so I upgraded to the newest suite. Now I keep getting the following message at 1 minute intervals: The program installed is for a diferent version of windows (I upgraded to XP from 2000) and for it to work properly I have to remove all Mcafee files and reinstall Mcafee.
    The problem is that I followed their advise and did exactlt that 3 times (which includes your removal tool and version. I still keep getting this message appear on the screen and it won't go away until I press the OK button.
    Someone please help. Van

2. lemming02

lemming02 Private E-2

3. Van

Van Private E-2

Thank you for your quick reply to my problem. I downloaded McAfee suite for, and installed it on the already upgraded XP OS. It appears to be working OK withing the XP OS except for the pop up which will not go away. I would be most happy to simply delete the script that causes this pop up - I just don't know where to locate it or what it is named. Again thanks for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds