sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by wolfx28, Sep 23, 2007.

1. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

i got a sound problem i was using linux for a while and am back on windows (why idk) but the sound is gay like scratchy what can i do i went into device manager update all that got nothing what can i do?

Wolf

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver.

3. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

how?

Wolf

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

First we need some info about your system. What OS are you using? If you are using XP, you can go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information. Your System Manufacturer and Model will be listed there.(in the System Summary).Your Sound Device should be listed under Components>Sound Device. It will help to list your driver if it shows there.
    You can also get that info, if you have Everest @MG installed or download it.
    Post back with that info.

5. wolfx28

wolfx28 Sergeant

Name Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
    Manufacturer Realtek
    Status OK
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_74101462&REV_60\3&61AAA01&1&8D
    I/O Port 0x0000D400-0x0000D4FF
    IRQ Channel IRQ 22
    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\alcxwdm.sys (5.10.5620, 611.53 KB (626,204 bytes), 8/27/2007 3:18 PM)

yeah xp

Wolf

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I am not really familiar with that driver description. From what I can figure out, I think your chipset is an ACL650 and this would be the driver for that chipset.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_AC97_Drivers_d4400.html

I have this other link that seems to a an earlier version of your driver. This is the description of that driver: Realtek ACL650 AC'97 Via audio driver 5.10.0.5320 http://www.driverfiles.net/Sound-Cards/RealTek/Realtek-ACL650-AC'9.0.5320

Before we go any futher, check in your Hardware Manager Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware Tab>Device Manager. Are there any ? marks in Sound, video, and game controllers? (click the "+" sign) Does the audio controller say another description? Are the Audio Codecs OK?
    One other thing you can try while in the Device Manager. Right click on the Audio Controller>Properties>Driver Tab. Then click Rollback Driver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds