HDD Scan & Repair commands

Discussion in 'Software' started by nootjes, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nootjes

nootjes Private E-2

Hi,

Could someone help me by posting the most needed command-lines for this program? I'll explain what happened.

My mother bought a new computer and so she called me asking if i could help her "recover" pics,music-files, ect from her old computer. The only thing she had was the hard drive itself. Knowing she didnt make any Disk Images,backup or anything and knowing she would be against the idea of me installing it as a 3rd drive on her new system (she thinks just opening up your case could destroy your computer totally or something and thus let handel a "profesional" for any computer issues related to hardware.:D) I gave her (i dont know how its called in english)metal boxin which you can plug any drive on to use it as an usb external one. I use it all the time and dont have any problem of my own. but after haveing used it a few time, she unplugged my drive again and installed her own. When she set the drive on nothing comes up, is unable to read and the drive is constantly klikking. I've tried to install it on the system itself and the unability to read/write, detecting and klicking remained.
    So the drive seems defected,broken. Then i found a program which can repair defected sectors on the drive. Salvation HDD Scan and Restoration.

So i've installed the drive as master and used the bootable disk made earlier Of HDD Scan & Restoration resulting in a DOS-like environment but i know the basic and most important command-lines in DOS enough to be able to work with it. But every single line i use results as unused or unkown commandline.
    So guessing its not useing the same commands as DOS , i've tried google it but resulted in pages showeing some fancy interface but nothing (yet) about the command lines? Could someone help me with these commands?
    Just the one needed for repairing the drive are enough if you dont have the ti

2. nootjes

nootjes Private E-2

Sorry for last post. It doesnt really need to be explained why its so full of typo's and stuff, but if anyone needs a repost that is more understandble, i'll post one right away.
    Grtz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds