XP not loading! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by sp33dphr33q, Sep 25, 2007.

1. sp33dphr33q

sp33dphr33q Private E-2

I have windows XP Pro, I took out the hd to use Recuva on it for some accidentally deleted data of which I was able to find but it was not in working condition. Ok, so now I put the drive back, attempt to fire up the machine and it goes to the "windows wasn't shut down properly how would you like to start windows" screen with the options of safe mode, ... or normal. Some times it will actually get to the Windows loading screen then it restarts itself and once in a while you see the blue screen. I can't get it to the sign in screen. Any ideas anyone? I have never seen this problem. It just keeps cycling itself (restarting).

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

2. sp33dphr33q

sp33dphr33q Private E-2

Ok ... ... So no one has ever experienced this? There has to be someone here that could help me? :cry

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I would think your extra-case adventures have corrupted something and you need to run check disk on the hard drive.

Do you have the Windows CD to boot from?
    If so boot to the recovery console and issue the command
    chkdsk /r
    at the command prompt.

post again with the results.

By the way us visually challenged Geeks find the blue hard to read, perhaps normal text would attract more replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds