Problems with Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Software' started by mkaresh, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mkaresh

mkaresh Private E-2

I've been having the same problem for the last week or so. The problem seems to be memory related. Closing other programs to free up memory tends to make it go away, but the amount of memory that needs to be freed up seems to be increasing.

The other symptom I've been having is that the inbox will open, but only a portion of the contents will be displayed. DO NOT compact the folder in this situation, as the emails not displayed will then be lost. Until you compact, the emails are still there, OE just doesn't see them. Usually they come back when memory is freed up and OE is reloaded, but one time I had to use third-party software to recover two months of email.

A third symptom is that it will fail to connect with my POP/SMTP server to download or send mail.

All of these clear up when enough memory is free, but eventually return. Also had two BSoDs one day, first ever with this machine.

I think we're experiencing the same problem, so hopefully it gets solved.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Just wondering, how full is your hard drive? And, what's your settings for Virtual memory? Are you running Windows XP?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds