Certain file inside a program can't be deleted.. no matter what I do..

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dr. Nuclear Core, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Dr. Nuclear Core

Dr. Nuclear Core Private E-2

I recently downloaded starry night which is a program that you can use to look at space features and stuff, but I had to uninstall it becuase it was taking up to much space on my computer, well now I can't delete the sucker and I'm constantly barraged by "this program is being used by another person or program", so I unistalled those programs and yet it still wants to stay, what do I do?

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Before you delete anything else that you might actually want, try a system restore to before you had starry night installed.

If this does not help then post details of your system, the files you want to eliminate and the exact error messages.

3. Dr. Nuclear Core

Dr. Nuclear Core Private E-2

I apologize for bumping this old topic but the issue remains and creating a new topic on the same issue would be wasteful to forum bandwidth. The System Restore won't go back to when I installed it, it only goes back to October 1st, and I installed Starry Night sometime in late July I believe.

4. scott_hayes89

scott_hayes89 Corporal

try to look in your task manager and make sure its turned off before u uninstall it.then use crap cleaner to fix the issues section hope this works.or go to startup and make sure its not on startup too.

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Pity about your system restore.

So post the details I asked for.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds