mouse trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by BILLMCC66, Sep 26, 2007.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

my wife is learning English with the Rosetta Stone program but she has a problem using the mouse (it's an EDNET laser office mouse) she finds it too sensitive and prefers the touch pad on the laptop.

when i first used the mouse it worked in conjunction with the touch-pad so that you could use either as both were live at the same time,this morning i booted the PC and the touch pad no longer is live this happened once before and all i did was unplug the mouse and reboot then plug the mouse back in and all was OK but this time it will not work.

i have reinstalled the synaptics drivers and still nothing i then went to control panel mouse control and where there was a small picture of the touch-pad is now a pic of the mouse and as i am a dumbo with the internal workings of the PC i am reluctant to mess with the settings.

any help or ideas will be gratefully received thanks in advance.

i tried this in hardware but got no replies so when at first you don't succeed try again:eek::confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds