Boot up problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lapsed, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

I dont know if this is the right place to post this , because I dont know the source of the problem , but I will continue regardless.

Basically , my computer worked fine , untill the other day I booted it up , the memory test was fine. then PTP Init was fine , and then all there is is a blackscreen , and nothing else. no more text , nothing.

Help?

Regards - Ryan

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Need more information. How far do you get before the screen goes black?

You might check all cables, reset ram and eventually disconnect all hardware not needed to boot to see if you can eliminate the problem.

3. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

basically it stops doing anything after the memory test. And I dont know how to do anything you just said. Bar checking cables. Oh and after re-reading , what hardware is'nt needed to boot?

4. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

Im still entirely confused , but I have some new information.

I took out everything including mouse and keyboard cables. A new screen came up telling me to put the keyboard in. I did.

I rebooted. It came up in bios(?) , it told me this ;

"During the last boot-up , your system hung for an improper CPU external speed setting , your system is now working in safe mode. (Bus 100mghz , DRam 100Mghz, PC13Mhz).

Anyone encountered this before? I will dig deeper.

5. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

More information ;

I set everything to default and it went further into boot up. It loaded the "PCI Device list".

Then I went back into setup and disabled my broken floppy drive, and again it has reverted to black screening after memory test.

Anything I can do? Im lacking in a boot cd disk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds