xp drivers for HP Pavilion tx1220ca

Discussion in 'Software' started by compunicki, Sep 26, 2007.

1. compunicki

compunicki Private E-2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I've got an HP Pavilion TX1220CA tablet PC that we purchased from Futureshop for work use. The program needed only runs on XP, and the sales clerk told us no problem, just buy XP and then you can put that on instead.

We purchased and installed Windows XP and all looks good, but there are 4 drivers that we can't find.

-Coprocessor
    -HP Integrated Module
    -Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus
    -Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I've looked up all the drivers listed on HP's website, and these are not on it.

I've gone to Nvidia and downloaded and tried all their laptop product's drivers, none of which work. I don't know the manufacturers of the other parts.

I've called HP support, and they simply say that they do not support XP on this notebook.

Does anyone have any other ideas of where to search? Or is that it and it's an impossible task?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
    Nicki

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I searched and found nothing but vista drivers, I would try the vista drivers one at a time, sometimes they work sometimes they dont. ed

3. compunicki

compunicki Private E-2

I tried that, the modem one worked. So, down to the last 3 drivers.....
    Too bad the modem is the one component on the laptop I'm least likely to EVER need to use! LOL

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

If you will post the program that you need for xp only maybe we can find a update that will work with vista, I didnt like vista at first [ old farts dont like change] but now im really starting to like it. To have a new laptop that wont function dont appeal to me, I would reinstall vista and bite the bullet and get used to it. Good Luck. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds