Installing Xp on Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by *WavyGravy*, Sep 27, 2007.

1. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Hey everyone, I just bought a new pc. I also have Vista on this new machine, but I would like to add XP as well. I've seen many, many forums and threads about installing Vista alongside XP...but how about vice-versa? Is the procedure the same?
    Im taking it all is needed is too create a decent sized partition on the drive, install XP to that partition then configure the bootmode in Vista. Then just choose between the diff OS' during reboot time..?

WavY

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

That is all you need to do in a very small nutshell. There many sites with guides on how to install XP in a pre-installed Vista machine. About the only issue you may have is there not being XP drivers for your machine. There is a nice little utility called VistaBootPro available here on the front page to help you out.

3. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Thank you for your help. :wave

What do you mean not being enough drivers for XP? I figured it would easier finding drivers for XP ratehr than Vista.
    And thanks for that utility, very helpful!

WavY

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

What I meant about the XP drivers is if your new machine has Vista specific hardware for which XP drivers have not been written and most probably will never be written. You'll find out easily enough.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds