WOW freezes upon install

Discussion in 'Software' started by CanadaGirl, Sep 27, 2007.

1. CanadaGirl

CanadaGirl Private E-2

Hi people!:wave
    LOL
    I'm a girl so please speak clearly about this junk cause I'm not too good at the computer lingo.
    My problem.

About a month ago my computer completely died on me (motherboard went) and so through the home tech company I was working with to try and fix my computer, they ordered me a new one.

It's a dell...and has vista..(which I really wasn't happy about:(, I love xp) anyway!

I asked the gentleman to move all my files from my old computer to my new computer and he did so. He moved them to a folder called "backup" From there I was able to play WOW for about a week...it ran fine except for a slow framerate...but whatever.

Anyway, they recently had a new patch and because wow wasn't technically in my program files, it wouldn't allow me to proceed and told me to reinstall.

Here is where the fun begins. It simply, won't.

Sometimes I get further then other times. I disconnected from the internet, turned off my firewall and virus protection. Still freezes when it's almost done.

I copied the files from the cd and put them to a folder on my desktop, still freezes.

I called the guy at the tech shop and he says it sounds like my disk or something is damaged or bugged because the game did actually run on my computer before so it doesn't sound like a RAM or processing problem.

What should I do?

Thanks
    Laura:)

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

What I did was copy the "World of Warcraft" folder from my old drive, directly to my new drives' "Program files" section. Then I ran the "Launcher" with "Run as administrator".

BTW, wow works fine with VIsta Ultimate x64. I did not re-install. Yes, the patch installer worked fine also.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds