I am folding again! Wait, where are my points?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mimsy, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I am back up and folding again! Wohoo!

The computer that did my folding was also the one whose hard drive died. I didn't want to fold on my new scavenged-parts-thrown-together computer until I was sure it was stable, but now it is. I installed the client and put in my name and the MajorGeeks team number, and I am up and running again. I am happy.

But I am also noticing that I have no WUs, and more importantly, no points! Where are they? Are they gone because the client is on a new system, or is something more sinister afoot here?

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hi Mimsy, welcome back to Folding, it's because you reinstalled, did the same for me. But you still have your old points and WUs recorded, just don't show on the new installed FAH, as you turn in new units your new stats will be added to old.

Look here: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=205587
    8,568 pts
    34 WUs

Happy Folding, :)

Cat

3. Mimsy

Awesome!

Thank you so much! It made me very sad to think that my points were all gone... I feel better now. :)

Wait, why am I on page two when I could be on page one? I must find another computer to fold with! At least this one seems to fold faster than the old one did... must be the CPU upgrade.

4. BCGray

BCGray Guest

You beat me to it Cat. Mimsy now you don't think the folding gang would let our Mimsy get "Bumped Off" do yea. What Cat said is true, but it can be avoided if you want, and maybe I should put that in the "Tweaks File". However most never check the F@H stats on the own machine they usually go to the Link Cat provided. I change clients about once every three months, and don't bother with saving my past files.

Glad to have you back in the Fold MimsyLOL

5. Mimsy

Now for my next project... talking the Guy into letting me sign up the PS3 for the MGs team. That thing is a folding beast. It cranks out more WUs in a week than I can do in on this computer in a month.

6. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Hey just tell him that well he is playing he can also be helping Science to save lives. And you are correct they are Folding Beast's, wish we could get more kids to fold with them.

7. Mimsy

BCGray:
    They do. the PS3 has this very cool feature where you get to see a glowing dot for very 100 PS3's that are folding, shown on a globe map of Earth (it rotates--very cool). North America, Europe, and Japan, look like a map of the Milky Way these days. People are folding. They may not be signing up for teams, but the computing gets done.

Edit:
    Just to clarify, our PS3 is folding. The Guy found that feature within five minutes of hooking up the console and immediately signed up to contribute, while telling me that everyone who has a PS3 should do this, if it can help save lives. Our PS3 is not yet affiliated with a team, but I am working on it.

8. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Thanks Mimsy see I never knew that. Our adopted youngest wants one for Xmas, looks like Dad has no excuse now..............Thanks Mimsy....I thinkLOL

Found this link which might help Guy or at least give him more info http://folding.stanford.edu/FAQ-PS3.html let me know if that helps Mimsy, as I have know first hand knowledge, so I will have to count on you guys to help out if you could.

9. Mimsy

The major drawback though is that while the PS3 folds, it can't do anything else. So you can't have it running while you play your games, and just fold in the background.

Oh, and I was wrong. It's one dot per PS3, not one per 100 consoles. My bad.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds