Burning .vob files to create a Video DVD ?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by crystak, Sep 29, 2007.

1. crystak

crystak Private E-2

Hello guys, I'm wondering if you could help me with this little problem I've got. I bought the WinAVI Video Converter to convert one of my movies from .avi to a dvd format to watch on my dvd player. It did that fine, but these are the files I got:

[​IMG]

Now the problem is that, using Nero Video DVD burner, it will only let me burn the .vob files and not the other ones. What effect will this have? Also, at the moment when I start with the first VTS_01_1, when this file ends it won't jump to the second one. How can I fix this?

Of course I've searched for other similar threads but nothing useful came up.

Thanks for your help in advance!

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

you should be able to do it with dvd shrink. install it, open file (point to your folder), and re-author it if it's to big. also, there should be some help files where it installs to (there should be some helpful links). g/l

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4020

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Here's what you need to do: Create 2 new folders. Name one of them VIDEO_TS and the other one AUDIO_TS. Move all the DVD files into the VIDEO_TS folder; these are the files from your screen shot. Leave the AUDIO_TS folder empty. Now use Nero's DVD-Video burning tool to burn these two folders to a blank DVD. That's it! You MUST have the 2 folders even though one of them is empty; DVD players won't play the disc correctly if both folders are not present. Good luck! Post again if you have more questions or any problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds